Saturday, April 18, 2009

Life is back to normal - finally!


Well, the first day of work in the basement has gone well with the hole in the floor now filled with new cement. It took a bit more than eight bags of cement (all you add is water variety) to do the job. Now it has to sit and cure for a while. So while it dries, I will be working on building a wall and a half so that I can get it ready for a bit of work running wires and pipes. So, building walls is today's task. In between spurts of work in the basement, I am busy with cleaning up photos on the computer, burning DVDs for backup purposes. This will speed up virus scans on our laptops as well as giving more storage space which I really don't need as there aren't a lot of programs I want to add to the collection.


We had Sweets over for supper last night and listened to more stories of their grandchildren and their children. Obviously we didn't go golfing yesterday - we enjoyed a few flakes of snow instead. Golf isn't in the picture for today either because of strong winds (and the need to do a bit more work in the basement). I'm not sure about Sunday yet - it depends on the weather.

No comments: