Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dawn is Breaking, It's Early Morn ...


Dawn is breaking on the Yucatan coast looking towards the east. You can just see the lighs on the left horizon, pier lights on the pier that goes out for about six kilometres into the Gulf of Mexico. It has to be a long pier in order to get out far enough for the large cruise ships and the ocean-going vessels. Any closer and they hit sand as the sea is very shallow.

I was up and took this picture and writing up this post before 6:00AM. Excited to go home is the best reason I can come up with. It is going to be a long day and I know that I will be beat by the time I can go to sleep at Dustin and Robyn's. We went to bed late last night as we wanted to go for a midnight swim in the sea. Strange how we leave this kind of activity for our last night.

Well, from now on, any stories of Mexico will be told face-to-face as it is time to begin telling about our stories from Canada once again.

No comments: