Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remembrance Day 2008

The preparing for winter continues with the making of moose jerky. The meat is natural as it comes from the wild, not from some farmed animal. I used to hunt many years ago, but I have passed on my rifles to the next generation. My hunting is now done with a camera.

Another activity keeping me busy, is the preparation of three family Christmas gifts, home-made gifts for my adult children. I am not posting a photo or more information for obvious reasons. Why spoil the surprise?

Yesterday, I received a new scanner which is dedicated to scanning slides and 35 mm negatives. First efforts with it are quite pleasing. I am especially excited about digitally capturing the slides which have had a dormant existence for quite a few years. The slides are predominantly from the 70's and early 80's when I was keen on developing my own photos. It didn't take much of a photo lab to produce slides. I will post a few here with appropriate journalistic byplay so that the photos will be better appreciated.

Now, it is all about arranging all of the slides into some sort of order before beginning the scanning process. In the process of sorting through the slides, memories are triggered. What was the world like when we began as a couple and how we grew into a family. All of this is captured as well as the beginning of a teacing career. What is more surprising is that some things haven't changed at all, the love family and the appreciation of nature.

Remembering on Remembrance Day.

No comments: