Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cleaning House

Sunrise with cloudy skies. As the sun peaked through the eastern horizon this morning just after eight, I was busy making coffee when I saw this through the kitchen window. I got a better look at the sunrise from the dining room window. I knew that if I waited to get properly dressed so that I could take the photo outdoors, the colours and the perpesctive would change.

Like yesterday, I am keeping busy with making more moose jerky and other small tasks. I have now gathered together all the negatives, both black and white and colour. It is amazing just how many print photos have never been put into photo albums. I know that many photos don't have negatives for me to use so that means that at some point I will have to get a print scanner. By the time I am ready for that stage, the technology will improve even more.

One of the side benefits of gathering and sorting has been a gathering together of old stuff that needs to be eliminated from our belongings. Out goes an old Palm Pilot, old phones and answering machines, a rat's nest of wires of all kinds that I had saved from electronics long dead and buried.

4 comments:

Tasha said...

Wow, want to come clean out all our old junk. Lawrence never throws away any of it.

The picture is gorgeous and would look perfect framed for my bathroom wall (hint hint)

rgl said...

The task has only begun and will take a l-o-o-o-n-n-g time. I like the photo as well.

Anonymous said...

Remember on of them old cell phones is for Devon for Xmas. Remember he wanted a Cell phone and I will give him one. Never said it had to work. :>)

rgl said...

That's right, the Nokia is for Devon for Christmas. It is sitting in its box, ready to wrap.