Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas Baking

Yep! We are busy with some of our Christmas baking. As you can see, poppy seed buns and prune buns are on the menu. Yesterday it was the baking of Saskatoon berry pies. Okay, so I didn't have anything to do with the pies but I did do my part with the buns. There is no question that we both had to sample the finished product.

On another front, I have finished the fourth section of the India story which now is just over 3,000 words. I have taken the story all the way to mid-morning of our first full day. Each section deals with a theme, not a day. I am also selecting a number of photos to illustrate each section. How big will this get? I haven't got a clue. I do know that it will focus on the north of India and not about our time in Goa.

As usual, I am listening to a hockey game as I write this journal entry. Winchester has just scored Ottawa's second goal of the game against the Rangers. It's looking good so far with two minutes left in the second period. Maybe today the Sens will win. Whoa! Alfredsson has just scored Ottawa's third goal.

- - - - -

Well, the final score was 4-1. Finally a win and four points from the last three games. We went for a late afternoon walk into the countryside following the game. It was a very pleasant walk with the temperature around 0 C. and only a light breeze blowing. By the time we turned around, we were able to watch the sunset colour a few bands of clouds into a kaleidescope of pinks and blues. Beautiful!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Don't eat all those buns. You have to remember that Christmas is a time of giving and sharing with your guests that are coming to eat prune buns at Christmas.

rgl said...

I think the plan is to save a taste or two for you. Don't worry, they are already under lock and key in the deep freezer.