Saturday, March 14, 2009

Same old, same old

During our little trip to see flamingos not too far from here, we ended up on a bird tower looking at a flock of the birds in the distance. I decided to use the telephoto lens to see what was possible and settled for this picture. The black edges are actually the sides of the lens before the telephoto is fully extended. I like the effect it has, a great frame for the birds. Photos with the lens extended were not that good due to distance and movement of the birds which left a blur.

This morning it is calm, calmer than normal. Last night was calm as well. We sat out on the deck until around midnight enjoying the moonlight on the still water while we slowly drank a glass of wine. Some things about life are just plain "good".

Today, the plans are quite simple: sun, sand, sea and perhaps a little siesta for Mom while I listen to the Senators play this afternoon. I know, it sounds boring. But, someone has to do this. I guess we will have to suffer boredom while you guys have the exciting and busy lives of young people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like your Senators had another good game. Can't say the same for Toronto. What did we pick up Gerber for anyway? Dustin & Devon are happy with that development I'm sure.

rgl said...

Yep. One wonders at why the Leafs do what they do. At least this way they don't have to worry too much about playoffs. It cuts into golfing season.

Dustin Longpré said...

I'm almost ashamed to admit that Gerber and the Leafs murdered my Flames last night! OUCH!