Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hockey Trade Deadline


Another day and another photo of Mom and flowers. It's interesting just how many different flowers we are coming upon during our long walks. Of course today we went on our long morning walk as usual, again along the beach road rather that the beach itself as it is too cool and windy along the water's edge. Staying in the sheltered areas, the sunshine is warm.

This afternoon I went to Progreso for another lesson in Spanish. Today it was about health terms and expressions. I can now say I have a headache, toothache, stomachache, sore hip, sore throat, I have a cold, I have the flu and a few other goodies. Too bad I am always so healthy, I won't get to use many of these things at all.

Hockey trade deadline passed with Ottawa getting a new goalie, Pascal LeClaire for Antoine Vermette, and shipping Gerber off to Toronto off waivers. I see that Calgary picked up two very good players to help them chase down the Stanley Cup. Go Flames, Go! Yep, you heard it here now that Ottawa won't be contesting the Cup this year.

No comments: