Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hummingbird

This beautiful little hummingbird sat so still for us while I took photos. Her nest is on the tip of a tall cactus that sits in a pot on a terrace along the beach road not too far from where we are. As we walked further along the road, we saw another hummingbird and nest that was built on a dip of an electrical cord. Spring is coming. The birds are busy moving and nesting.

Ottawa played again last night with another win. This seems to be becoming a regular habit - a little late as far as a playoff run is concerned, but still good news. Yesterday I went in for yet another lesson in Spanish. Other than that, it was a quiet day. Oh, I also booked our car for our small trip to visit two different caves and a number of Mayan ruins as well as another flamingo reserve. We will be exploring the south and west of the Yucatan on this trip. Of course, that means I will eventually put up a few more posts at Saskatchewan Gypsies. I guess I should post there before then as I have enough interesting photos to add. Maybe that's a project for later today or tomorrow.

We are heading to visit a new colony of flamingos just east of Progreso this afternoon with Kathy. Likely, this is where the flamingos that have been flying past our villa have been going. I'll post tomorrow with info and a photo.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Wow, good shot of the hummingbird.

rgl said...

We are still hoping to get one of the other nest with a bird in it. We saw the other hummingbird there when I didn't have the camera with me. Next time I walk in that direction I WILL have the camera with me.