Monday, February 2, 2009

On the rocks

A lighly overcast morning with just a gentle breeze makes sitting outside for our morning coffee very enjoyable, but a cloudless sky like yesterday would make it even better. It is supposed to clear up for most of the afternoon with temperatures going up to about 28C. Right now, it is 21C, as I said, just right for a good morning cup of coffee on the patio watching the brown pelicans take nose dives into the gentle surf in search of breakfast.

The photo for today was taken yesterday at the lighthouse rocks which is about seven or eight kilometres from our villa, a good walk. Mom decided that every once in a while I should have my photo taken, especially when it involves a bit of climbing.

What's on the agenda for today? Well, I will spend more time on studying Spanish in preparation for my first official lesson on Wednesday late afternoon. Though I am starting at the beginner level, I think that it won't be too long before I change levels. It will be nice to be able to talk more with local people rather than just the Canadians and Americans who have moved here for the winter. Learning about the Mexican culture from the Mexicans themselves is my objective, that as well as perhaps making a few friends. Have a good day at home.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Learn some good recipes to. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to try real Mexican food instead of the fake stuff here. Bring home some good eating ideas.

rgl said...

I think that is exactly what Mom has in mind. She thinks she will forget how to cook Canadian.