Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Following the rules


This picture of Mom was taken in the Museum of Anthropology in Mérida. I have a bit of a story to tell about our visit to this Mayan museum. First, Mom is beside an original Mayan artifact of a jaguar, one of the important figures in the Mayan world. Of course, no one is supposed to touch these items in the museum. But, so much for rules. When she decided to pose beside yet another Mayan carving, the museum security arrived and told her not to touch the artifacts. Soon, beside yet another piece, she again has the security arrive to warn her. Oh well, no problem as we did get at least this one with her.

Today is the last day of the pre-lent carnival time in Mexico. Mom and her friend Kathy went into Progreso early in order to watch the Mardi Gras parade there as well as buy some groceries. It is "girls' time out together" for them. They said I could go along, but considering how much fun shopping is and having already watched three carnival parades, I passed to that I could spent some quality time with myself. I expect them back here early this afternoon, so the rest of the day will become rather normal in a good way. Now, back to my Spanish studies.

No comments: